Great Neck Wrestling Club - Club Practices
Our K - 5th Grade Wrestling Club is in action starting Wednesday, September 13th through Wednesday, March 28, 2018. Coaches will focus on introducing new wrestlers to the great sport of wrestling, teaching the basics such as stance, position, and scoring while advancing the more seasoned wrestlers to a higher level of technique, conditioning, confidence, and sportsmanship. Coached by veteran coach Corey Williams, Chad McPhatter, Adam Watson and a strong team of former local wrestlers, the K-5 club will lay the foundation for a successful future both on and off the wrestling mat.
15th Annual GNWC Golf Outing!
The 15th annual golf outing was OUTSTANDING! A huge thank you to all of our amazing sponsors and supporters for yet another fun and successful outing.
Great Neck Wrestling Club - Mission Statement
- Promote interest in the great sport of wrestling among parents and the youth of the Great Neck area of Virginia Beach and surrounding localities.
- Supervise, sponsor and financially assist a disciplined and competitive program of wrestling.
- Provide a safe, accessible and fun environment in which to learn wrestling while meeting the learning curve of the new or experienced wrestler.
- Develop in members, the ideals of good sportsmanship, honesty, character, and respect.
- Stress the concept of parents and children working and playing together in all club activities so that the family may be strengthened in the process.
- Partner with and support the Cox High School and Great Neck Middle School wrestling programs by providing coaching and finances to build and strengthen the programs for current and future success.
- Give back to the local community through scholarships, activities, wrestling camps and other club sponsored or funded events