Great Neck Wrestling Club
--- NEW NEWS ---
GNWC Meeting for Parents, Wrestlers, Coaches and Board of Directors on Monday, July 9th at Hot Tuna...CLICK HERE for details...Come on out and learn about the future of the GNWC!
Cox High School YOUTH WRESTLING CAMP, The Great Neck Wrestling Club will be running the camp with outstanding coaching and fun itinerary!
Notice: As of 7/2/18 the Cox youth camp is at capacity and registration is closed...Still interested in wrestling? Check out the GNWC K-5 program starting in Sept. See below for more information.
6th - 8th grade and, 9th-12th grade
Middle School and High School Wrestling Club...2018 Spring/Summer/Fall Practice Dates Announced! Click Here
We will open registration for our K-5th grade club practices for 2018/2019 season in September 2018...
Coaches will focus on introducing new wrestlers to the great sport of wrestling, teaching the basics such as stance, position, and scoring while advancing the more seasoned wrestlers to a higher level of technique, conditioning, confidence, and sportsmanship. Coached by veteran coach Corey Williams, Chad McPhatter, Adam Watson and a strong team of former local wrestlers, the K-5 club will lay the foundation for a successful future both on and off the wrestling mat.
6th - 8th Grade Wrestling Club
We will open registration for our 6th-8th grade club practices for 2018/2019 season in September 2018...
Middle School Club will focus on drilling, technique, conditioning, sportsmanship and the mental toughness that wrestling requires. Coached by Geoff Head, Brett Kassir, Landon LoAlbo and a host of other formal local wrestlers, the Middle School Club is well positioned to ready these young wrestlers for the next level of competition!
Tentative schedule, click here
Great Neck Wrestling Club - Mission Statement
- Promote interest in the great sport of wrestling among parents and the youth of the Great Neck area of Virginia Beach and surrounding localities.
- Supervise, sponsor and financially assist a disciplined and competitive program of wrestling.
- Provide a safe, accessible and fun environment in which to learn wrestling while meeting the learning curve of the new or experienced wrestler.
- Develop in members, the ideals of good sportsmanship, honesty, character, and respect.
- Stress the concept of parents and children working and playing together in all club activities so that the family may be strengthened in the process.
- Partner with and support the Cox High School and Great Neck Middle School wrestling programs by providing coaching and finances to build and strengthen the programs for current and future success.
- Give back to the local community through scholarships, activities, wrestling camps and other club sponsored or funded events